We are currently recruiting a Publicist to join our team. Please see details below.
Job Description: Publicist
The Corner Shop Scotland is an Arts PR agency based in Edinburgh which works with arts organisations in Scotland and around the UK, and sometimes internationally. We are looking to appoint a creative, driven and highly organised individual to join the team in devising and delivering media campaigns.
At The Corner Shop PR we believe strongly in the critical importance of inclusion, diversity and equality. This belief is reflected in all elements of our work and is essential to our future ambition. We actively seek to recruit, develop and if we can, retain the most talented people to help us achieve our ambitions and we encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply for available positions.
- Has significant experience and passion of working within arts PR either in house or in an agency setting
- Has established press contacts in news, arts and culture media
- Understanding of media and journalism landscape
- Is an excellent communicator, verbally and in writing
- Can lead by example and work as part of a team
- Has a positive attitude in their approach to all tasks
- Has impeccable attention to detail, is extremely organised and a capable time manager
- Knowledge and experience of digital media practice including social media and influencer engagement is desirable
The Role includes/requires:
- Manage selected accounts for The Corner Shop: lead on campaign planning and coverage generation; report directly to the client; provide regular updates to the team.
- Act as number 2 on other key accounts: assist in coverage generation and planning.
- Management of and attendance at Press Events and Press Nights
- Attendance at and management of press at festivals located across Scotland and occasionally further afield
- Actively contributing to team creative planning sessions and campaign implementation
- Attendance at regular client meetings
- Actively contributing to TCS social platforms, and website content and blog
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the media across print, broadcast and online.
- Building and maintaining relationships and contact with media, clients, associates and suppliers
- Oversee and support the collection and distribution of press and media cuttings by the Press Assistants and reporting to clients.
- We use Microsoft Office and Dropbox
What we can do for you:
- Support in achieving professional development goals
- Provide a positive, friendly, supportive and inclusive working environment
- Provide opportunity for enjoying the benefits of the work
- The opportunity to enjoy the perks of arts clients including access to live and online performances
Remuneration, benefits and holiday entitlement:
- Full time contract, starting ASAP
- Salary: in the region of £27,000 per annum, paid monthly
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, 9.30am to 5.30pm – occasional evening and weekend work required, based at home when required by government regulations and in the Leith office when regulations permit
- 20 days holiday annually + public holidays + office closures
- Responsible to the appointed Senior Publicist and the Director
Please send your covering letter and a CV to:
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Thursday, 23rd September. Interviews will be held the week commencing 27th September.