Job Description: PA to Director
The Corner Shop Scotland is a leading Arts & Events PR agency based in Edinburgh which works with cultural organisations in Scotland, around the UK, and sometimes internationally. We are looking to appoint a PA in order to support the Director.
This is a newly created role – with the potential to develop internally within the company, if so desired.
At The Corner Shop PR we believe strongly in the critical importance of inclusion, diversity and equality. This belief is reflected in all elements of our work and is essential to our future ambition. We actively seek to recruit, develop and if we can, retain the most talented people to help us achieve our ambitions and we encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply for available positions.
This role will report to the Director with support from the Head of Operations.
Below is a snapshot of the regular duties that will be a part of your role:
We use both Outlook and Google Calendar to organise meetings. You would be managing the Director’s diary with regards to booking, confirming and rescheduling meetings with the team, potential clients and clients. We’d want you to learn to take the initiative with booking meetings, and dealing with any clashes that might come up. You’ll often attend meetings in order to log actions on behalf of the team.
You would support the Director with managing her inbox. This would involve responding to simple requests (like meeting confirmations, requests from clients) on her behalf as well as helping highlight incoming priorities. As well as your own inbox you would also be the first port of call for email@example.com where new client requests are often sent.
General Support to the Director
Things that will help the Director focus on clients and the general direction of The Corner Shop. This might include things like:
- Reviewing pitch documents (copywriting, spelling and grammar checking)
- Organising travel and accommodation (including for other team members and suppliers)
- Helping the Director to talk through priorities and highlighting issues, including reminders if necessary
- Assisting with monthly expenses and receipts
- Organising team and client events
We are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Exceptional attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Focused attitude with a pro-active approach and the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Consistency. Whilst no two days are likely to be the same, you don’t mind settling down and getting on with the regular tasks to make sure everything moves smoothly.
- Calm under pressure, adaptable and responsive to ever-changing challenges and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively across different stakeholders at appropriate levels
- Confidence to recommend process improvements to drive more productivity in to your role and the team role
- The confidence to act on behalf of the Director when needed, but at the same time the awareness of when you need help and how to get it
- You’ll have previous experience of being a PA to a Director specifically in:
- Diary Management
- Travel and accommodation booking
- Acting on behalf of Director
- You’ve worked in a customer service role before – whether that be the call centre at RBS or the counter at McDonalds
- You consider yourself an expert in Microsoft Office, including Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You have experience in interacting with a wide variety of people in the workplace
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team and enjoy being a team player
- Organising events
- Experience in sending out contracts
- Experience with Xero
- Experience of working within PR either in house or in an agency setting
- A passion for the arts
What we can do for you
This is a newly created role and whilst the Director is in need of regular and consistent support, once the candidate is bedded into the role (and the role is established) then there is scope to either develop internally.
We would also:
- Support in achieving professional development goals
- Provide a positive, friendly, supportive and inclusive working environment
- Provide opportunity for enjoying the benefits of the work
Remuneration, benefits and holiday entitlement:
- Part-time contract (16-20 hours per week) working across 4-5 days. Flexible working can be agreed to suit the successful candidate. The office working hours are 09:30-17:30.
- Salary: £25K per annum, pro rata
- 31 (+2 public) annual leave days (pro rata)
Our office is based in Leith, Edinburgh, and we have adopted a model of hybrid working which sees us working within the office between Tues – Thurs. We are open to having conversations about hybrid and remote working, depending on your needs.
Please send your LinkedIn profile link or CV, and a short cover letter (no more than 750 words), giving examples of your experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please label your Cover Letter: 2022_CornerShop_PAtoDirector_FirstNameLastName
The deadline for applications is COP on Monday 06 June 2022.
NB: We will hold interviews w/c 13 June 2022.